16 Best Ways To Earn More Money
It’s always nice to have some more cash coming in.
But there are some challenges:
- I can’t invest much
- I don’t know how
- I don’t have skills
- and so on
Let’s look at some ways which fits into your situation:
Are you looking for ways to earn extra money?
Well, look no further because here’s a list of the 16 best ways to make more money.
Whether it be in your free time, from your computer or mobile phone, these are all legitimate and legal ways to earn an income without much upfront investment.
All you need is determination and the willingness to put in the hard work!
Earning extra money doesn’t have to be hard. The methods here will show you how.
1. Selling your photos taken on mobile phone
You have a decent mobile phone or access to a digital camera and you just love to take pictures?
You don’t have to be a professional photographer or an expert. If your photos are unique and stand out, they will sell on online stock photo websites like Shutterstock.
Selling your photos is a great way to make money with no upfront investment.
You won’t have to worry about printing costs, handling shipping or even having any products in stock! All you need is pictures and an internet connection!
Most sites pay you money when one of their customers download your photo.
Benefits of selling photos on the stock photo websites and platforms:
- Fast money
- No upfront investment
- You can work from home or anywhere with an internet connection
2. Earn money when you travel
Ride-sharing applications help you make money with empty seats on your vehicle when you travel.
Here is how it works:
- Whether you have a two-wheeler or a car, you can register and start offering a ride to like-minded and registered users on those apps.
- You can indicate which route you are taking to go from one place to another and the time of your travel.
- The app lets other users about your ride and then makes your details available to them.
- The rider can take a seat on your vehicle if they accept to pay for it.
This is also known as paid carpooling or ride-sharing that helps in saving fuel consumption while reducing pollution levels across India.
Ride-sharing has many benefits:
- You do not have to invest as you already own a vehicle
- You can earn money while you are commuting to your destination
- Car/bike-pooling will help reduce the carbon footprint as well, so you are helping the world too.
- The ride-sharing apps also provide incentives and that adds up for the earnings too.
So, make sure that you opt for car-related apps and start earning some extra cash on the side while touching lives!
3. Design & Sell Printables
If you are good at graphic design or willing to learn, you can make money by designing and selling printables on sites like Etsy.
You can make all kinds of things from birthday cards to planners and binder covers.
You can even create custom designs for people!
Here is the strategy:
- Browse through the ‘most popular downloads’ of the websites and platforms to get an idea of the designs and sections that are making money.
- Create a design and upload it to one of these sites by following their guidelines for uploading artwork, such as file type specifications.
- Include a nice description and an image that will provide the viewer with high-resolution details about what they are buying.
- Whenever a user buys, you get money.
Benefits of printables business:
- You don’t have to make a large inventory.
- It’s easy and quick to put together your own designs in Photoshop or Illustrator software programs.
- Items can be delivered digitally over the net, so you don’t have to worry about shipping costs.
- You retain the digital rights.
- You can set your prices for how much you want them to be and it’s a good way to make more money by selling digital goods like this one!
4. Earn money by Blogging
If you have decent knowledge and a passion for sharing your knowledge/experience you can make money online through blogging. Content marketing is an evergreen area.
Bloggers can earn money from their blog by organizing sponsored posts and/or working with advertisers on their website.
It is a great way to create content that you are passionate about as well as monetize it!
There are many ways bloggers can find sponsored post opportunities.
You can promote your blog on social media platforms, email newsletters and use other marketing strategies to grow your readership.
A lot of bloggers also make money by selling their own products from their blog and websites, for example, digital products or a downloadable guide.
You can create a side income through blogging or you may eventually turn it into a full-time career.
Benefits of blogging business:
- You can create your own schedule and earn money .
- It’s a great way to make side income while learning new skills and sharing knowledge with others.
- Blogging is an excellent resume booster, networking opportunity and it enhances communication skills for those who are shy or introverted.
5. Become a Freelance writer
Freelance writers help other websites, blogs and businesses by providing content for them.
When people need articles or other written work, they often turn to freelance writers. Content writing is a profitable service.
You can market your freelance content writing services through social media platforms or online freelancing websites such as Fiverr and Upwork across the world. These sites allow you to promote yourself, your sample work and your skills.
The best part about being a freelance writer is that you can work from anywhere and at any time of the day!
Freelance writing is one of the best ways to earn money, especially if you have a talent in this area with great writing skills.
Benefits of being a freelance writer:
- You can work from the comfort of your home.
- There are no fixed hours for you to adhere to, so it is a great option if you need some flexibility in your schedule.
- You need not have to create a website or blog and spend on marketing
- Freelancing will give you the opportunity to make connections with people all over the world and help others through sharing ideas and advice.
- If you do not want to search for the work on your own, there are many content marketing agencies across the world that are looking for a person who can offer quality content writing services.
6. Amazon Kindle eBooks
Amazon Kindle books are a great way to make more money. They are easy to publish and they can be sold at any time – even when you’re not online.
The process of publishing a kindle book is easy – you just need to prepare your manuscript and upload it online. You can also hire professional editors if there are grammar or spelling errors in the written content.
Kindle books should be well-edited because they will always have competitors present on amazon’s lists.
Here is the strategy:
- Choose a topic: Pick a topic that you’re interested in. It could be about personal development, cooking, or anything else!
- Create an outline: Outline the main points of your book.
- Write the details: Include enough detail so that readers can follow along but not too much as it may overload.
- Format: As per kindle guidelines
- Create KDP account: a kindle publishing account on Kindle Direct Publishing
- Write the book description
- Upload the book onto the server
- Set up pricing
- Start selling!
Benefits of writing and selling kindle books:
- Earn royalties on every sale.
- Selling an ebook is a relatively easy and straightforward process.
- The royalties are not very high, but if you write a popular kindle book it could be worthwhile to continue writing more books in this series.
- If the book becomes popular, you can consider the option of creating other methods of learning from the same material like audiobooks or a video course.
7. Designing graphics for websites or social media pages
If you are a creative person, then this is a great way to earn extra income.
There are many websites that offer opportunities for graphic designers, including Fiverr and Upwork.
Here is the strategy:
- Initially, you may have to create few sample graphics and upload them to the sites on your profile.
- People who need the services can get an idea, free quote for the work.
- User contacts you with details and you start working.
- You earn money for each completed work.
You can also create custom graphics for user and company’s social media pages like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by creating banners of different sizes in Photoshop.
Benefits of graphic design business:
- The work can be done online, from home and on your own time.
- You don’t need to have any special qualifications, just creativity, imagination and some design skills. There are multiple graphic design software that has a lesser learning curve than traditional design software.
- There is never a shortage of potential clients for designers.
- Often graphic design professionals are not always reliable enough with deadlines. If you can offer services in a timely manner, then you can shine and get repeatable business.
8. Becoming a Virtual Assistant
If you are a bit of a disciplined person, you are in demand!
You can earn money by becoming a virtual assistant.
You can do a multitude of things including scheduling appointments, research assignments and create social media posts.
You need at least some basic computer knowledge in order to do this job. You can offer services by sitting and working from the comfort of home and make money.
Some of the common activities as a Virtual assistant:
- answer emails
- make phone calls
- book travel arrangements
- follow up on appointments
- Follow-up with customers
9. Making YouTube videos
YouTube is a video platform that users can upload their video and make money from those videos.
Here is the strategy:
- Identify the topic you have expertise and passion on
- Create a YouTube channel
- Create video. Make sure your videos are educational, fun or entertaining
- Upload video to Youtube server
- Write a good description of the video so that it shows up when someone searches
- Monetize videos
- Earn money
There are two ways to make money on YouTube:
- Ads: YouTube will place ads before, during, or after your video that viewers have a chance to click on. When someone clicks an ad, you’re paid a small amount of money for the view. You can make a good amount of money when your videos go viral.
- Sponsorships: You can make money from sponsorships with your YouTube channel if you have a lot of people following or subscribing to your channel. When someone wants to advertise their product, they can contact you through email about advertising the product in one of your videos in exchange for money.
10. Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is a business model where a company pays money to an affiliate (you) to sell its products.
The affiliate will earn commissions for:
- every product sold
- every service availed
- potential of earning in one-time or recurring payments
Affiliate marketing is a great option for people who want to earn money online, but don’t know how to start their own business from scratch.
You can earn affiliate commission by promoting products on:
- your own website
- blog – as product reviews or lists
- YouTube channel (by providing affiliate links in description)
- forum posts – if you’re an active member of a forum community, it’s possible to add your affiliate link at the end of all your replies and get paid for every time anyone buys something through that affiliate link.
- Forums like Reddit also offer advertising space where people can buy
Some affiliate marketing companies will pay you a commission for every lead generated, which is the number of people that fill out your form and get in touch with them but don’t necessarily buy anything right away.
11. Social media marketing
You can do this by creating profiles on social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter and engage with your followers by posting ads about products that you’re promoting.
Here is the strategy:
- Create a profile for yourself
- Engage with viewers/followers
- Post content that will interest them by providing useful tips and tricks on a specific area
- Embed affiliate products in some of the posts
- Make money from the commissions
12. Creating mobile apps or software
With the increase in mobile usage, more and more people are looking for ways to earn money through mobile apps.
Creating an app and marketing is tough but if you can do it, the rewards will be great.
- Search for a market niche that has potential or growing demand.
- Include in your project all features required by your target customers.
- Create a superb user experience for people looking for app.
- Use advertising on the platforms to earn money or selling premium subscription or one-time pay.
- Make sure your app is available on all the popular mobile platforms such as Google Play or Apple Store.
- Keep an eye out for competition and come up with a new unique idea to set yourself apart.
- You can also build custom apps for celebrities or companies if you have contacts of good people in those circles.
You earn money:
- when you show ads on your app
- through in-app purchases
- through Affiliate commission if they buy something
13. Teaching on Whitehat jr
If you are good at programming and passionate about teaching, you can use your skills to make a living as an online teacher on Whitehat Jr. You can earn a good amount per hour of teaching.
You get to teach kids of different age, cities and even countries and interact with them which is a satisfying and rewarding experience.
The only constraint of this job is that you need to be well versed with the subject.
If your profile matches their requirements, you are in luck as Whitehat Jr accepts freelancers from all over India.
14. Create courses and sell on udemy
Udemy is a platform that offers thousands of online classes in various disciplines, from design to business or programming. It is a great way to earn money, especially if you are an expert in your field. You can create video courses and uploading content to udemy and make money whenever someone buys the course.
Here is the strategy:
- Choose a topic of your interest and enough demand
- Create your course by creating slides or recording yourself teaching the topic
- Upload the content to udemy
- Set a price for your course
- Promote it on social media and other websites. Udemy offers you some free marketing tools, or if you are clever with SEO, then google ads should be enough. You have to keep an eye out for your conversion rates
15. Selling on amazon
If you can invest a certain amount of money, then you can start an Amazon FBA business.
Current business owners who are already selling in a shop can take advantage of this easily and make more money by targeting the client base across the country.
Here is the strategy:
- Determine what you want to sell.
- Find a product that is in high demand and has low competition in the category
- Buy the product from where it is available for a lower price and decent quality
- You can choose to ship it from your home, shop or from an Amazon warehouse (know as Fulfilled By Amazon – FBA).
- Create the listing, following all of their guidelines
- Make sure you are meeting all the requirements before shipping your products to Amazon warehouse
- Get started! Sell one or two items per day until you feel comfortable with how everything works; then start selling more!
You get plenty of help from Amazon. All the tools that sellers need are available in one place- from seller central for getting started to promotion and reviews with features like sponsored product ads.
You can also run Google AdSense to market your products and make more money by driving traffic from outside as well.
16. Typing from audio or video
Converting audio from an audio or video file into text can make money. You need to listen to the recording and type it into a text file.
There are many online sites and mobile apps which provide an opportunity for this service.
- The best thing about these services is that they pay you for each word typed.
- There are many freelancing sites that provide audio transcription jobs like Upwork.
- If you have good typing skills then this is an excellent way to earn some money with your computer or laptop.
There could be background noise and poor audio quality. So, you need to really pay attention to do a great job in this work!
The money-making opportunities in India are endless, and with the right information at your fingertips, you’ll have no trouble finding a way to make some more cash.
Whether it’s selling photos taken in your free time or teaching something you are passionate about, there is something for everyone on this list of income streams.
Which opportunity appealed to you the most and want to try first?
Become an arthanow Insider